Saturday, February 13, 2010

Knit Olympics Shawlette

When Regina Dale from the Song and Dance Ranch and Howling Wolf Herbs suggested a Knit Olympics I decided it was a great idea and that I needed to use the opportunity to try a different project. I have been following Wendy Johnson's blog called Wendy Knits and watching her make shawl after shawl. When I mentioned this at a Grapevine Stitch n Bitch meeting several people told me they use shawls all the time. With that I was hooked. I dug through my stash and found a yarn I thought was suitable and then sent a message to Wendy asking her advice for which pattern to try for my first lace knit shawl and told her what yarn I was going to use. She very kindly replied back with two suggestions and I chose her Seaside Shawlette. I cast on last night during the Opening Ceremonies and by the time they were finished I have worked up to about halfway through the set up chart. It seems to be going well and I have every intention of completing it by the end of the Olympics. I am using Schaefer Anne yarn in the Bay Leaf, Sage and Rosemary colorway. This is a beautiful yarn with a lovely hand. I'm very excited. I've taken a picture of the yarn wound in a center pull ball along with the knitting so far and a picture of the pattern. I also have a close up of the knitting so far. I know it doesn't look like much right now but I am confident it will be beautiful! I will keep you posted on my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment