Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sad Day

I had no intention of saying this when I sat down to write this blog post but I can't sit here using pictures taken with my iPhone and typing on my wireless Bluetooth Apple keyboard connected to my Macbook Air without giving tribute to Steve Jobs. RIP Steve, and thank you.

I have made some progress on my sock and my stealth knitting. Next week I will have to put both down and cast on for 2 hats that MUST be done by the end of the month, but for now I'm working on these. I'm at the point in the sock where I'm repeating a lace row and knit row for the length of the leg. I love these socks! But,,,, its been a learning curve using the Addi 00 DPN. Not because they are thin but because they are metal. They are slippery. Good thing they are longer than I normally like as the ones at rest tend to slide a bit. Due to the pattern and the cuff down directions I didn't want to try translating the instructions to magic loop and one long circular. I'll save that for my toe up socks. Anyway, here are two pictures of my socks, one from yesterday and one from this morning.
Yesterday
Today
You can see the pattern better in the one today, or at least you can see the lace openings. Pretty huh?

My stealth knitting is coming along well and I'm very happy with it. I have to share a picture but I don't think you can see enough to figure anything out. Just wanted to show the color. This is baby alpaca yarn that is hand dyed. I got it from Regina Dale in Texas. I used to spin at Regina's once a month and always loved the feeling of being in her studio. She has such a nurturing, loving personality. She is also a master herbalist so if you have any issues give her a call.

Anyway, back to the stealth knitting.....
Beautiful isn't it? Its very soft also. I took a picture the other day but when looking at it I realized the pattern was in the background and would have given away what I was knitting. Not that anyone really knows what this is anyway. :)

So, that is it for now. I probably won't blog every day, I think that's a bit too much for now, but a few times a week feels right. Have a great weekend everyone! 

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment