Friday, April 20, 2012

Carnival Houdini Socks

I'm calling these Carnival Houdini Socks because of the festive colorway of this yarn. I'm using Regia 4 ply sock yarn in a bright colorway. I can't find the name of the color on the wrapper. Most of its in German. :) So its a Houdini sock because you knit a footprint that is closed on both ends. One end is a toe and the other becomes the heel. Then you slide your needle through stitches on two rows leaving one row between. Then you cut that row and knit the leg up from that. It sounded fun so I'm looking forward to it. I've cast on the toe and finished the increases. I haven't decided what pattern to use on the leg. Maybe something from socks a la cart. We will see how this works.

On the other hand, I'm still working in the Soay Cardi. I'm working on one sleeve and going to see if I have enough yarn. I may need to search out a skein if the variegated one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment