Monday, December 22, 2008

My First Spinning Project

I've had this spindle and roving for about 3 years I think but got frustrated right in the beginning and gave it up. But since I have gotten more and more into knitting I really wanted to get more creative. Nothing seems more relaxing to me than spinning. So this is my start. I want to get comfortable with the hand spindle first before investing in a spinning wheel. So this is my first attempt. The first picture is the roving that I ordered from eBay and I don't know what type of wool this is.The next ones are of the spindle with partially spun yarn on it. Its thicker than I wanted but seems to be pretty even. I think I need to draft a little more before spinning. I plan to use this blog to document my progress with spinning and then knitting items from my handspun yarn. I doubt very many people will see this but you just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment