Saturday, January 14, 2017

2017 Wow!

I have re-started this blog several times over the years after a gap in time and this year is no different. Except that this time I am not putting time constraints on me, as in I will blog every X. That leads me to failure.

I do have a reason for restarting this and its accountability. Maybe that is my word for this year, accountability. I'm no different than a lot of people in that I do not like to work out. Ever. But I have noticed that a little bit of on and off again workouts no longer has much effect. I did all that workout last year on the elliptical and weight machine and felt more fit but didn't lose any weight. I have made a few more changes in the diet and now have started the Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred workout. I've just done day 2. It has 3 workouts that you do for 10 days each. We will see how much effect it has.

And while we are talking about weight let me just say something here. You do not have to be 300 lbs to be overweight. Many times I avoid mentioning how much I weigh because I get judged for ONLY being 128 lbs. STOP IT! Stop judging me because I don't weigh enough to make you think I'm fat. I am only 4'8" tall. At 128 lbs it puts my BMI at 28.7 and a healthy BMI is under 25. So yes, I am overweight. Much more and I would be obese. My ideal weight, and my goal is 100 lbs. Up until I was 40 I weighed between 85 and 90 lbs. For me that was a healthy weight. In 16 years I have gained about 40 lbs. So yes, I do need to lose even if I am "only" 128 lbs.

So this will be more than just about fiber arts. And may not be regular, but since it is for me I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe next time there will be progress pictures. Of me or my crafting. Who knows.

Happy New Year everyone! Make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment