Saturday, January 28, 2017

Keeping it going...

This last week was a good one. I worked out every day, even though I tried to wimp out last night. Hubby said I would be sorry if I did so I worked out... he was right! I am truly enjoying this Jillian Michael's Beginner Shred. I transitioned from Workout 1 to Workout 2 and have different areas sore. The most exciting thing is that I am seeing progress every week! As I approached the scale this morning I was telling myself that it was ok if I didn't lose any weight cause I know I am feeling better. My tight black jeans were less tight this week. So yeah, thats a win even if I didn't lose more weight. BUT I DID!!!!!!!!!  I lost 0.8 lbs.!!!!!! I also lost another 0.25-0.5 inches from my measurements.

I found buttons for my Clayoquot Cardigan by Tin Can Knits. I finished the button bands last weekend. I plan to steam the sweater to set the button bands and I'm planning to put it in the dryer with my towels when I wash them to see if I can get it to shrink up just a bit more. One thing I have learned with super wash yarn and sweaters is that I probably need to go down a size to account for the "grow" factor. My next sweater is the Lush Cardigan, also by Tin Can Knits. It already calls for 2" of ease so I will definitely go down a size. Pretty good match on the buttons, huh?

While I was at JoAnn's I picked up some yarn (cause I don't have enough). I got a skein of Scrubby which is used to make kitchen scrubby cloths. It is to be crocheted. I've looked at it several times and decided to try it out. 

And these two skeins of Deborah Norville Everyday yarn. I liked the colors, its soft, its acrylic and anti-pill. I know it won't be really warm but I could use a long cowl for a slightly warmer day that I am looking more for decoration than warmth. And its pretty... It is worsted weight. And its pretty... 

 I didn't do any knitting this week after the button bands on the Clayoquot as my carpal tunnel is acting up so I started wearing my brace at night again and gave it a bit of a rest from knitting. I am waiting on an appointment to see the hand doctor. Probably a steroid injection will fix me up.

That is it for this week. I'll leave you with a shot outside my office window. I love the view. Just as the sun came over the mountain. Be good to each other!



No comments:

Post a Comment