Thursday, December 17, 2009

Car Coat

I finally got around to getting Anthony to take some pictures of me with my car coat. I finished this project in the spring but was at a loss on how to block such big pieces. Finally in September I found some of those interlocking play mats at Sam's Club and used them. That gave me the surface to lay some towels on and then to pin the garment down. Anthony had given me the yarn and pattern for Christmas last year and I started it right after New Years. I used Knit Picks' Wool of the Andes bulky yarn in the Hazelnut color with size 10.5 needles. I used the interchangable circular needles with the 32" cable on the needles. This is a Knit Picks pattern. This is the biggest and most complicated knitting project I have done so far. It taught me a lot about following patterns and charts. After it was dry and blocked I had to wait for cold weather to try it out. Believe me, its not suitable for wearing in Texas even in October! Now that we have had some cold weather I have worn it several times and I love it! Its warm and soft and really comfortable. It is even a good fit although its very forgiving with the pattern. Its a chevron pattern that acts like ribbing as far as stretchiness. I'm really, really happy with it although I think I'll stick to socks and other smaller things for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment